Democracy and local governance – the recording and outputs from the 2021vSRP Session on 8th March 2021
Session curated by the Scottish Community Alliance and the Scottish Centre for Community Development and chaired by Michael Russell MSP, Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, Europe and External Affairs.
Michael Russell opened the session by noting that democracy is never static. The Scottish Government and CoSLA are currently reviewing the future of local governance and democratic engagement in Scotland taking account of learning generated by the pandemic response. He invited delegates to draw inspiration from the presentations and use the session to identify what is needed to achieve our collective ambitions for decentralisation of power and decision-making to local communities.
- Dr Oliver Escobar, University of Edinburgh
- Joyce Kelly, Strathard Community Council
- Jamie Hamilton and Roland Playle from Community Chartering
- Jacky Niven, Kincardineshire Development Partnership
- Brian Logan, Scottish Government, firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @CommEmpower